The complete renovation and expansion of the existing Sturbridge Town Hall c. 1840, includes a small addition which houses a new accessible entrance, stairs and elevator. The first floor was gutted and replaced to create room for new HVAC systems and fix structural problems.
Additional space for town offices was created in the addition and renovation of the 1852 Center Office Building across the street from Town Hall. Water damage was addressed—including mold abatement throughout the building and repairs to the foundation. The Center Office Building was also expanded with an addition to provide accessibility.