Extensive renovations to the historic H. H. Richardson-designed Cambridge City Hall — including ventilation upgrades to help prevent Covid-19 spread. The second phase of this multi-phase rehabilitation project includes:
- Upgrades and improvements to Legislative Floor
- Facility renovations for relocation of the Assessor’s Office (from the 2nd floor to the basement), City Council Offices (into the current Assessor’s area), Credit Union (into existing toilet and office areas), Print Shop / Mail Room (into the current Credit Union area), new Archives Storage (into current mechanical spaces in the basement)
- Multiple new, accessible gender-neutral public toilet facilities
- Modernization of the elevator
- Selective restoration of historically significant interior windows and interior woodwork
- A new fire alarm system throughout the entire 52,000 sf facility.
- Renovation of fan room and adjacent space for City Clerk’s archive storage, including air conditioning, floor structure, and underground water source mitigation and renovation of adjacent areas for recycling and bicycle storage
This project will be executed through M.G.L. Ch. 149A (CMaR) 12-phase construction delivery process.